To: All Scholarship/Stipend Applicants
Re: Scholarship/Stipend Application
On behalf of the Acadiana Black Nurses Association (ABNA), we are pleased to forward you the scholarship/stipend application. One of ABNA’s major initiative is to provide nursing students an opportunity to obtain financial assistance to help in achieving their goal in completing their nursing program. This financial assistance is open to all nursing students in the Acadiana Region.
Scholarship/stipends will be awarded this year. All applicants must meet the criteria outlined in the application under the “criteria” section.
Please note that all applications submitted must have the following supporting documentation in order to be considered by the Scholarship Committee:
- The Criteria Application with all items checked and original signature
- The Community service form
- The Biosketch/personal statement completed form
- The Reference Form (2 supporting letters)
- Letter of proof from school official on school letterhead (i.e instructor, advisor) stating eligibility to sit for NCLEX exam from an accredited school of nursing.
- Unofficial copy of transcript (official copy maybe requested)
You can submit your completed application with all it supporting documents online or printing and mailing to the address below:
ATTN: ABNA Scholarship Committee, P.O.Box 93111, Lafayette, La. 70509.
All applicants must adhere to postmarked date to be announced by ABNA during time of application campaign.
If there are questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dr. Nellie Prudhomme, Scholarship committee chair at 337-739-9634. Please note that all information is considered private.
Iris Malone, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC